Archive December 2009
All of the articles archived for the month that you have specified are displayed below.
OPL LIMITED RETAIN THEIR CROWN! Date: 24/12/2009
Once again we are very proud that no other company has supplied more commercial Electrolux Laundry equipment in 2009 than OPL Limited. Whilst we are not tied to any supplier we pride ourselves on selecting the best heavy duty equipment for the sites requirements. Invariably this steers us to the comprehensive range of commercial washing machines, heavy duty tumbler dryers and industrial ironers and hydro extractors that Electrolux offer. Our clients span the UK including NHS, Councils, Sports Clubs, Premiership Football Clubs, Prestige Hotels, MOD, Equestrian Yards, Housing Associations and we believe that it is our 40 years of experience and nationwide capabilities that have kept us at the top for another year. Our services include new equipment, exrental equipment, sales, rental, leasing, installation, maintenance, call outs and a chemical division for all autodosing requirements.
We are looking forward to being of continued service and a busy 2010 and wish all our customers a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year and thank them for their support to date.
When it comes to buying commercial laundry equipment for your establishment, you need to make sure to choose carefully. You need to weigh up all of the options available and assess the requirements of both you and your staff, and of course, your customers.
The first choice you will have to make is whether you want to buy a top-loading or front-loading washing machine. The following information, about the benefits and drawbacks of each, should help you to decide.
• Capacity - Top-loading machines require the clothes to be placed inside a watertight tub containing an agitator, which is used to keep the clothes moving through the soapy water. Front loaders do not have this agitator; they use gravity and side panels to move the washing, and can therefore accommodate 20-30% more washing per load. This also means they can help you to save money on water and energy.
• Costs – Top loaders are less expensive than front loading machines, although they may end up costing you more in the long term due to maintenance, energy and water costs.
• Performance – When top loading machines begin to age, they tend to make more noise when active, and can also become increasingly more unbalanced when handling heavy loads. In comparison, front loaders can easily cope with heavy loads and offer users a quieter and gentler wash.
• Access – Top loaders are generally easier to access, as there is no bending down to get clothes in and out of the machine, but front loaders tend to take up less space and can usually be stacked.
It has been recently announced that the sector skills council for creative media industries, Skillset, is the next in line to represent the UK’s laundry and dry-cleaning industries. These industries, which include everything from the fashion and textile sector to industrial laundry operators and suppliers of commercial laundry equipment, are currently represented by Skillfast-UK, but the current contract is due to expire in March next year.
The Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Lord Mandelson, has made an official announcement that the Skillfast-UK contract will not be renewed, reportedly leaving employers in the fashion and textiles care industries backing a deal to join the similarly named company Skillset.
If this proposed deal goes ahead, it will mean that Skillset will be representing a number of industries that, when combined, annually contribute up to £45 billion to the UK economy.
A representative of the outgoing company, John Shonfeld, has summarised the needs of the textile care industry, explaining how the survival of the sector is dependent on a sector skills council who can put employers in control of qualifications and offer strategic assistance at the very highest level.
An official announcement about the potential deal is expected at the start of 2010.
What are Auto Dosing Systems and how do they work? Date: 15/12/2009
Whether you need commercial laundry equipment for a laundrette, building or even student halls, your main goal will always be finding the most efficient and cost-effective machines available. This means you need equipment with superior features compared to other machines, and this includes Auto Dosing systems.
Auto Dosing systems are installed in good-quality machines to automatically inject washing solutions into the wash via expertly installed pumps. This system can significantly improve the efficiency of your laundry service in a number of beneficial ways.
The benefits of using Auto Dosing Systems:
• They are easy to use, and can make tasks easier for laundry staff or other users
• They provide the wash with a perfectly calibrated dose of washing solution to ensure that you get consistently good result every time
• They prevent against the clogging and powder build-up that often causes damage to the machine and subsequent inconvenience to the user
• They allow you to keep the laundry environment both clean and safe by eliminating the need for unnecessary powders and solutions
• They are cost-effective, helping you to reduce expenditure on wasted solution
For these reasons and many more, it is recommended to choose a specialist laundry equipment supplier or manufacturer offering machines which use this efficient Auto Dosing system.
It’s that time of year again, when an army of relatives that we haven’t seen all year descend on our homes. Christmas is a fun packed family time, although if you’re having relatives to stay your home might start to feel a little cramped.
Long queues for the bathroom and washing facilities can contribute to tensions running high, and although it can’t be helped if your long lost aunt spends 2 hours in the bathroom every morning, fights over the washing machine can be eased with the help of a launderette.
Launderettes have been popular for what seems like an eternity now, and it’s little wonder, as they can offer a range of benefits.
The commercial laundry equipment that is found in launderettes is fantastic for getting clothes immaculately clean and dry, and the machines are able to cope with big loads in minimum time.
Commercial laundry equipment will help to leave your relatives clothes simply spotless- which will be one less thing for your great aunt Margaret to moan about!
Whilst you’re waiting for your washing, why not take the opportunity to pop into town and get all those last minute Christmas presents- leaving your Christmas spirit well and truly intact!
Why commercial laundry equipment is so important Date: 04/12/2009
Doing the laundry is not a task which many people thrive upon, but unfortunately it is incredibly important to keep clothing and bedding clean and hygienic. And this is particularly the case in certain establishments such as:
• Care homes
• Sports grounds
• Holiday resorts
All of these establishments require commercial laundry equipment to ensure that items are kept hygienic and the right services are made available to customers and clients.
The place where commercial laundry equipment is absolutely essential is in hospitals. Here, hygiene is top of the agenda. Visitors and patients are constantly asked to wash their hands to avoid the spread of diseases and the commercial laundry equipment ensures that the high standards of hygiene are continually met. With patients coming and going, with all sorts of different illnesses, it is important for staff to ensure that the surroundings are clean for each new patient. The bed sheets are of particular importance. Without commercial laundry equipment, hospitals could not operate in the efficient manner that they do. With the help of commercial laundry equipment, staff at the hospital can be assured that bedding is kept clean and therefore the spread of disease and infection is kept to a minimum. The cleanliness of bedding also ensures that patients are comfortable.